AuthenticAmerica.com is dedicated to promoting cultural and heritage places as an innovative way to enhance and sustain the distinctive sites and resources of a tourism destination – its people, structures, traditions, architecture, craft, performing arts, cuisine, heritage, artifacts, landscapes, and festivals. AuthenticAmerica.com promotes awareness for:
- Sites distinctive or only found in the United States (ie: National Historic Landmarks, sites listed on the National Register of Historic Places, memorials, and buildings recognized by other federal or state agencies)
- National Scenic Byways and All American Roads (designated by the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration)
- National Heritage areas, designated by the U.S. Congress
- Indigenous sites, events or programs recognized by the National Congress of American Indians
- Museums accredited by the American Alliance of Museums
- Other historic, cultural or heritage attractions unique to the U.S.
- U.S.-owned businesses selling locally made, unique or distinctive products (food, craft, art, furniture, home decor, etc.)
- Events and festivals showcasing local, heritage, cultural or ethnic traditions (past to present)
- Creation, enhancement, or expansion of products or services for sale by entities (non-profit organizations, for-profit businesses, government agencies and institutions, individuals) reflecting, presenting, interpreting, or promoting real people, places, events, architecture, culture, geography (historical to contemporary) for cultural heritage tourism.